Saturday, January 19, 2008

Trex 600 CF Flybarless




After my experimental Flybarless Trex450 , I decide to convert my Trex600 as well. I forsee the fast cyclic response is good enough for 3D.




Using 15mm linkage ball. 8cm linkage rod.
Extend the upper swashplate ball distance.
Phase angle washout hold in position with hex nut, at 0 deg.
I use one arm only , but will put another arm soon . As during 3D, a cyclic punch will rotate the arm a bit and result in undesirable/ abnormal cyclic response. In addition, the old design Trex600 swashplate has the upper balls off center ( A design flaw).





Leading edge. But the grip screw nut become the top.
Tx swashplate Ail -44%, elevator 55%, collective 40%
Cyclic 13 deg, collective 12deg.
D/R exp Ail/ elev -30%




Result :
I am very happy with the fast cyclic even at very low headspeed ~1900. The forward flip is 2x faster than my 600N @2100 rpm with light paddle.
In head on wind, pitch up is significant.
Hovering/ Control is much stable than Trex450.
Will try to add a pitch gyro to see if the pitch up/ballooning will disappear.

Short video, cannot record the 3D part because memory card is full.