Saturday, May 31, 2008

V22 VTOL 垂直起降 魚鷹式傾斜旋翼機






This is my VTOL maiden under gust of 20kph before the rainstorm.

My project takes me 2 weeks ( ~20 hours in total) , Most material fetched from my junk box..

Basic priniple:
Flight control similar to real V22, except in real V22 there is no swashplate .
Roll - Differntial pitch control, i.e. more positive pitch on one rotor provide extra lift to roll.
Yaw- Either swashplate tilted oppositely in forward/ backwack direction.
Pitch - Both swashplate tilted in same direction either forward/ backward. The C.G. of the craft has significant effect on the pitch axis.
Transition - Operate by a strong metal gear servo that tilt the both rotor forward from vertical position.
Bothe swashplates governed by TH2 tandem control board from techproduct.

Materials:
1) 2 Trex 450/ Clone rotor head
2) 2x Trex SE frame (I made one from 0.8mm fiberglass board with a dremel), 6 CCPM servos
3) Rotor transition tilting by 5mm copper tube, being attached firmly to the Trex frame at 90 degree.... photo
3) Trex tail boom x 2, with bearings at each end, holding the inner 5mm copper tube
4) Copper tube has a ball link screwed on it can link to the 82 MG pod tilting servo.
5) 2 Towerpro 2409, 1500kv brushless, @ 15T x 4s, Headspeed 2100 rpm
6) 4s 220mAh, with 2 18A ESC. UBEC 3A.
7) 325 blades cut down to 260mm size, for scale down to adopt to my crappy T34 mentor fuselage of 800mm long. ( I will definitely scaleup to use 325mm blades for a 100mm long fuselage)
8) Roll axis gyro : Esky 802? , Yaw axis gyro - Align 500 , channeled to have remote gain control.

Mechanical setup:
1) Both rotor must have the blades well balanced. Swashplate and servo centered and trimmed as in a heli.
2) The most difficult part is to solve the vibration ./ resonance issue. Half of my time is to figure out where the vibration comes from. Since the 5mm copper tube takes all the vibration and will shear itself . The answer is use the strongest material/ method to ancho the copper tube.
3) To neutralize the change in CG during transition and the rotor is heavy, and will shift the CG forward on forward flight. So selecting a point to attach the copper tube is essential.
4) Pitch axis does not need gyro as the low CG will stabalize it self.

Electronic setup:
1) TH2 ..... setup... This makes me mad as the Ch6 (transition switch control, this is essential as it deactivate the roll/ yaw gyro, which is wrong when the pod is tilted) is not working with my DX7. Eventually I flash the firmware and it works like charm.


........

Since I cut down 2 pairs of 325 wooden blade to 260mm, I dare not stress the blade too much HS. Now geared at 15T/4s/1500kv towerpro motor (probably 1200kv), with HS of 2100. I am sure I need more HS ,say 2400, with 260mm blades. The wings did eat up lots of thrust, as it hovers much better when without wings, inside my room. I will try 315mm blade, or 16-17T if I can find somewhere (Align largest 0.5M pinion is 15T).





Hovering current 15A only.

Collective pitch with cyclic control is much more stable in hovering mode.













Cutting down 335mm to 260mm wooden blade.





Essential to make the jole perpendicular to the chord