Friday, November 21, 2008

J-power F-4 Phantom Mini EDF 幽靈式戰鬥機














加入圖片





Again, J-power make a superb EDF warplane. This F4N is even easier to installed then my AMX. Even the tai elevator is pre-installed. However, the factory left the front wheel steering installation for you.

I found the rear landing gear is designed too far back from the C.G. Therefore, I reversed the gear base mount to make it lies closer to the C.G. to make take off easier.

The tail horizontal fin is a bit thin/weak if one intended for a decent fast EDF. I will definitely strengthen the elevator if it can fly fast.

This is the first time I can see pin hinges are used in a small EDF . This reduce the load on the servo and is slop free.

There are 4 magnets for the canopy latch. I think that is too much and I relocate 2 magents to the rear ESC compartment latch.

Exit nozzle diameter = 3.7cm. Two exit nozzle area = 21.5 mm sq
Intake duct diameter = 64mm. Fan Sweep Area= 26.85 mm sq
Exit Area = Exactly 80% of FSA (Good factory design !)