Monday, November 17, 2008

Nemesis rebuilt





The last major crash resulted from using an empty A123 pack. I was so stupid to miss one uncharged A123 in my car. I commit double fault as my routine includes checking the pack voltage . My Nemesis took off as usual but at a longer take off distance. After the second loop, I felt it losing power. Thanks to the strong sidewind, it stalls on turning and hits the ground heavily. Luckily, the wings are intact and the motor compartment just sheared off from the fuselage.

Repair session 1
Major compartment is repaired by using 3mm wooden board. Since the original is badly damaged. Some measurement are estimated. This is the most im portant part as the landing gear, front firewall compartment and side board are all attached here.








Front and back pieces are joint together temporarily with CA and wooden tongue depressor. Precise measurement are made to ensure the same level of vertical and horizontal orientation.