Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DIY Airsoft Chronometer, PC based (Part 3-Result)

This Entry and exit signal with BB firing from my L96 stock. The mic gain setting on Audacity is around 0.9 . One can see the entry signal with some recoil due to the spring (relative movement of the travel tube as I put it in direct contact with my L39 on firing. Measured speed is 143-149 m/s or 490 fps. Muzzle energy just below 2Joule.


Velocity and Muzzle energy calculated from Excel. My M92 blowback - 0.6-0.7J only. Can only shot through 1 side of a coke can.
The 2 channel signal from Entry diode and Exit diode. Note this is captured from my CO2 pistol , in which the gush of CO2 signal is captured as 2 small spike before the BB pass the 1st diode.
Initial Audacity capture interface, showing testing with 3 shots of BB.

Audacity Interface and setting .........